Monday, 17 October 2011

'Tis the Season to be Jolly

On my own admission, I am not much of a cardmaker - not that I hate hand-made cards, far from it, but I love scrapbooking too much.  Anyhow, once I saw the new 'Wonder' collection from Authentique and looked on their blog for inspiration, I decided to make one!!!

The design is taken from an idea on the blog of a tag, which had rosettes on.  I have only just bought the Tim Holtz Rosette die, so thought this was meant to be.
I chose the Authentique 'Wonder' Curiosity two-sided paper as one side has a lovely array of pattern on it and the other side is a green and cream gingham.  I used Bazzill French Vanilla as the card base as I wanted to use some of the off-cuts to create one of the rosettes and to mat the sentiment.  I matted the patterned paper with Bazzill Rain Forest Cardstock, made my rosettes with the French Vanilla card and some of the patterned paper.  I cut the A4 card on one side, so that I could put a strip of the gingham paper down along the inner of the card.

I added some Festive Bling from Kanban (self-adhesive craft gems) and matted the sentiment (from the Authentique Noteables Elements) onto the Rain Forest card and then the French Vanilla card, before adhering to the card itself.


The two rosettes were added to finish off the design.  I love this die as it is so easy to use and you make perfect rosettes every time.  All materials (except the Tim Holtz die) are available from The Scrapbook Garden website shop.

Leave a comment on this post and I will enter your name into the blog candy draw for this month (rules apply though).  Thank you for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. Ooh this really is a lovely card. The papers work so well, and those little rosettes are lovely! i like the idea of cutting the front down to show the strip of gingham, nice touch. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, I like the rosettes, \I've been looking at that die, trying to decide to buy or not to buy, the papers go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Ann, love your rosettes x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rosettes....!!! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Ann, those rosettes are lovely , and those papers divine. You need to start making cards more often you have done a great job with this one, someone is going to be very pleased to recieve it im sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Ann, love these rosettes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card, great rosettes. Wonderful touch of sparkle with the bling. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for all your lovely comments. Ann x

    ReplyDelete