Sunday, 30 October 2011

Traditional Christmas colours!

For Christmas cards the traditional colours are always a favourite for many.  For the recent papercrafts show Joanne made some Christmas card samples up for me using more of the Prima North Country patterned papers.

As well as using the Prima North Country patterned papers, Joanne also used the Tando Creative 'Wonky Trees' chipboard shapes, which she inked and added small pearls to.  The topper on the other card is from 'Forest Notes' patterned sheet, which co-ordinates with all the papers in the range.

What embellishments do you like to use on your Christmas cards?  Do you buy toppers or make your own?  Leave a comment on today's post and I will enter your name into the draw.  The usual rules apply.  Best of luck!

10 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Joanne,since I got into stamping I haven't use toppers loving the papers x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I normally use bought patterned paper as background paper on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Lovely cards, I recognised the wonky trees immediately. I make my own toppers and the embellishment I use the most are flowers, ribbon or lace and flat back pearls or gems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann, Lovely cards, I normally stamp my toppers, I love the old traditional santas, but use them with a different colour scheme, I like the wonky trees, but love the tree on the other card....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ann I like to stamp my toppers for Christmas cards probably cos love using my Christmas stamps

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ann I like to stampmy toppers for Christmas cards probably cos I love using my Christmas stamps

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards Joanne! The wonky trees look great. I like to use die cut snowflakes covered with glitter as embellishments on my xmas cards, I also like to use pearls and mulberry paper poinsettias. I sometimes add metal charms too. I love making xmas cards as you can never add too much sparkle and bling :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards Joanne, those wonky trees look fab . I dont make many Christmas cards but i tend to stamp my toppers , although have used some flowersoft toppers before and also some little christmas stockings and tags etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love putting handmade snowflakes and stockings on Christmas cards, depending on the card. You can get really creative with layering and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like adding in homemade elements on my cards but I have been know to use toppers when I'm in a hurry :)

    ReplyDelete