Thursday, 3 November 2011

7 weeks to ... Christmas!

I can't believe it is only 7 weeks to Christmas this weekend!  Where does the time go?  I start off quite early every year and try to get presents in ahead so that I don't have to have a mad scramble on the days up to Christmas.  I have made a start this year but I think this last month has been so busy that the time has just flew by.

The weather in the North East hasn't been too bad (fingers crossed it stays that way) and at times has been quite warm seeing that we are in November now.  I hope we don't get a repeat of last year's snow for weeks on end.  I like the snow in small spurts - you know the kind that comes down on Christmas Eve and melts by Boxing Day!  I know I am sounding like a bah humbug but I really love Christmas and the snow together but not for weeks on end.

Anyhow, for today's post comment - let me know how you are doing on the Christmas front.  Have you started your preparations yet?  Pressies all bought and wrapped? How did you manage last year with all that snow for weeks on end?  Leave on comment on today's post (see rules) and I will enter your name into the blog candy draw.  Thank you for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ann, well I have bought a few little xmas pressies so far and am determined this year to have everything bought by the end of this month so better get a move on! I am having a shopping trip with my Mum in a couple of weeks so will hopefully pick most things up then. I have made a start on some xmas cards although again really need to get a wriggle on with those!! Last year was a nightmare with all the snow and then the big freeze after that! we went on some lovely walks when we were unable to get to work but that was really only a novelty for a couple of days! I really love the snow as long as I don't have to battle my way to work in it! being on the roads around us in those conditions scares the life out of me :o( Here's hoping it's not as bad a last year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - is it really only 7 weeks til Christmas! Well, I am certainly not organised - I have ideas of what to get but I haven't started to shop for pressies yet. Although I have sneaked in a few decos, can't resist all that shiny and sparkly stuff lol! I love the snow too, as long as I am bundled up inside with a steaming hot choc! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann, I@m normally still running around on Christmas eve lol... but was determind this year I would'nt be, how have I done? ha ha ha nothing in yet, so Christmas eve I'll still be running around, lol, why break the habit of a life time.. I love the snow, as long as I'm dressed for it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann i'm well into Christmas. got no choice at work I've been tonight as the garden centre had a charity evening... Christmas music, mince pies and mulled wine( for the customers only)the trees and lights were in full swing and we had christmas music Ha ha... i'm lucky coz every year the first week in Dec I have a weeks holiday in tenerife with my friends so i have all my pressies wrapped and cards ready to post before i go away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ann, Well im well on the way towards christmas ( i think) got alot of my pressies sorted and my tree will go up as usual on Nov 30th. Must admit after working with this months design kit its got me right in the mood. Im afraid although I like the snow I dont like ice or slush and tend to become a proper hermit when the weather is that bad. I dread that severe weather every year. I do have a few mini books to make yet which I will be getting onto after Im finished with the design kit, it will be a quiet christmas here this year i think which im looking forward too as i will still be working over both the christmas and the new year. it will be here before we know it im sure

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have bought a handful of presents, and just started my Christmas card making this last week. Last year, I wasnt at home I was in the ICU with pnemonia (spelling ?) so Christmas was in late Jan. So this year should be full of fun and food =)

    ReplyDelete