Monday, 14 November 2011

Christmas 6" x 6" Album

I have been wanting to make a mini album with the fabulous Authentique Christmas Collection called 'Wonder' since I first saw the range.  It is a gorgeous collection of traditional style patterned papers that all work beautifully together.  I decided on a 6" x 6" size chipboard album and I used 3 Bugs in a Rug chipboard book to make it.

I chose Anticipation, Awe, Expectation and Surprise to create this little lovely.  You can make it with 3 sheets of paper but I used the Surprise patterned paper as well to add as embellishments.  I also used the Authentique Noteables to add little sentiments within the pages.  I used Kanban 'Festive Bling' on each page but otherwise kept the design simple as not to overpower the photos (when they are added).  The idea was to either make the album up before Christmas and add the photographs later or give as a present (I haven't decided yet).

Here is the completed album featuring number 1 'Tis the Season' from the Surprise patterned sheet.  I made a rosette (surprise, surprise) and added one of the words from the Noteables.

On pages 2 and 3 I added the numbers again (and some bling) .  I made the number 3 into a tag and added some (paper) ribbon from scraps left over from another sheet of the papers.  This is the back page of the album:

Mind you this is a first for me as I am usually full of good intentions but don't quite get there.  I think the Design Team have put me to shame coming up with all the lovely goodies that they have created, that I thought I had better get a move on and make something.  All the other pages are in the gallery (in the website shop) for you to see.

If you leave a comment on today's post and you qualify (see rules) I will enter your name into the blog candy draw.  Thank you for stopping by.  Don't forget to pop back tomorrow to see what Jaqi has made next!

10 comments:

  1. I love this! the papers really are lovely and the various layouts you have created look great. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful, traditional images are my fave! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOO This is lovely Ann, The papers are soooooooo nice, and what a good idea, to make the book, it would make a lovely gift.
    Your putting me to shame now, hee hee hee I was going to make 5 books, a canvas and other odds and ends for Christmas, how many have I done????? none hee hee hee, seeing your book has spurred me on, I'm going to get cracking lol....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great album, I really like the traditional Christmas papers you have used. If you decide to give as a gift I'm sure it will be treasured. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful album Ann, these papers are gorgeous and I cant think of any better ones to make such a lovely keepsake. I adore these colours and these papers are my favourites in such a long time . They are perfect for making anything christmassy , yet the stripes and checks would be lovely on any projects throughout the year also. I cant stop looking at them and my mind works overtime at what could be created with them each time i see them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all your lovely comments. I agree with Jaqi these patterned papers are beautiful and they are real 'Christmas' colours and very traditional. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful traditional colors and patterns, love them and your mini. would make a wonderufl gift, but I woudl have a hard time letting it go LOL would have to make 2 =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Kim I would have to make two It's really lovely and a special gift that would be treasured

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely album, tabs are great, love the papers, great gift.

    ReplyDelete