Friday, 18 November 2011

Name Album

I promised the other day that I would show you what I did with that bare chipboard name album.  I have made a start on it by covering it with some beautiful patterned papers from Authentique 'Gathering' collection.

I used Authentique Bloom (reverse side) for the letter 'L', Grow (reverse side) for the letter 'U', Together for the letter 'C' and Harmony for the letter 'Y'.  I drew around the letters first, cut them out, stuck them on with a glue stick and then trimmed the edges with a Fiskars finger knife (I have had this for years and it is great).  I then sanded the edges to get rid of any rough bits and then inked with an ink pad.

I haven't done much decorating of this album yet as I haven't decided on what photographs to use but I did add some lovely orange ribbon from Kuretake (from my own stash) to the last letter to add some texture without too much bulk.

I did make a start on the front cover (first letter) by using some My Mind's Eye rub-ons (Wild Asparagus), which consists of several swirls and leaves as well as as selection of different family words.  I had some Prima Essentials 10 flowers in brown, which went perfectly with the colour scheme of this paper range and added some Prima pearls in the centres.  The words precious girl are from the rub-ons sheet.
When the page is turned over (I covered this with some Authentique 'Grow' patterned paper) you can see that I have added some of the rub-on words from the MME Wild Asparagus sheet to describe the recipient.  I am going to add the words 'Sister' and the phrase 'Some words to describe you' using SafMat and my computer.

Obviously, this is a work in progress and I will upload pages as and when I complete them.  Hopefully, I aim to get this finished for Christmas to add in as another little gift.

If you leave a comment on this post I will enter your name into the blog candy draw for your chance to win the fab goodies on offer.  Rules apply.  Thank you for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. The papers you have chosen for the word book look great together! looking forward to seeing it's progress. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann this is lovely, the papers are so good together, cant wait to see it finished,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its lovely Ann, I have one ready to cover and keep looking at it wondering if i should start it, you make it sound very easy so maybe i should just get on and get mine done. These are lovely papers mind which seem perfect for this project. Hope you are feeling alot better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments. Yes Jaqi I feel a bit better today - thanks for your concern. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your little album Ann the papers are perfect looking forward to seeing it progress.

    ReplyDelete