Friday, 4 November 2011

School Days

The Scrapaholix Kit technique this month is 'distressing' using some fab patterned papers from Simple Stories.  I used a sheet of cardstock in wine (gutted it first so I could use the middle bit to mat the photo) and added some cream cardstock on top to create the base.

Before I added the Simple Stories Generations patterned paper (called 'Always and Forever'), I distressed the edges, using sand paper in a sanding grip (Tim Holtz).  I then ran scissors along the edges to tear it slightly before inking with an Color Box chalk ink pad in Dark Moss (also in the kit).

I added some banners cut from the same paper (reverse side) to which I added buttons and string.  I cut two rosettes using my latest acquisition in the form of the Tim Holtz Alterations mini Paper Rosettes Die (which I love).  The letters 'S', 'D' and 'J' are Urban Rhapsody die-cut stickers from K & Co.  The remainder of the title is typed onto Safmat (another of my favourite products).

I took inspiration for this page from a layout by Karen Shady from The Scrapbook Magazine Issue 58 (page 16).  Thanks for stopping by.  Leave a comment and if you qualify (see rules) your named will be entered into the blog candy draw.

5 comments:

  1. Wow I love this colour combo! The distressing is really effective and I love the bunting flags and rosettes! Cute piccie too :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours in this layout, I invested in the rosette die, it's great,I like the way you ve done the banners.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really love this , such rich colours its fab. the banner looks great with the addition of the buttons and those rosettes look great , Im so tempted to buy that die, it looks lovely. Such a lovely photo too, its perfect for this layout

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann I love your layout colours and embelishments. Spoke to you at Gateshead and you said you loved your new Tim Holtz die.. you sure are getting the best from it your rosettes are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your lovely comments. I love the Tim Holtz die and have used it again on my other layout - pop back on Sunday to see! Ann x

    ReplyDelete