Saturday, 26 November 2011

The Twelve Days of Christmas

I know it's not actually twelve days to Christmas (not yet thank goodness!) but I thought we might see if we can remember all the words from this festive song.
The first line goes: 'On the first day of Christmas my true love sent to me':

A partridge in a pear tree 

Lets see if we can add to this.  The next person reading this - leave the next line (on the second day of Christmas my true love sent to me):   Just leave the next line of the song and then the next person leaving a comment, leave the next line and so on until (hopefully) we have all 12 days of Christmas.  Please just leave the next line in order to what the previous person has left (so if you are the fifth person - what is the line for the 5th day of Christmas?).

If you join in and leave a comment on this post today - I will give you 2 entries into the draw for being a good sport!  Usual rules apply though.  Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. "on the second day of Christmas my true love sent to me: two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree"
    Thought I'd get in early with an easy one! Great idea Ann, I wonder how far we can get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. " on the third day of Christmas my true love sent to me: three french hens, two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree", hee hee I got one of the easier ones ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. "on the fourth day of Christmas my true love sent to me: Four calling birds, three French hens, two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree", love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the fifth day of Christmas my true love sent to me five gold rings,four calling birds,three French hens,two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to leave a comment...good game, good on line shop x

    ReplyDelete
  6. On the sixth day of Christmas,
    my true love sent to me Six geese a-laying, Five golden rings, Four calling birds, Three French hens, Two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. On the seventh day of Christmas,
    my true love sent to me
    Seven swans a swimming,
    Six geese a laying,
    Five gold rings,
    Four calling birds,
    Three French hens,
    Two turtle doves,
    And a partridge in a pear tree.

    Nice bit of fun! Thank goodness it isn't really this close to xmas :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. On the 8th day of christmas my true love sent to me,
    8 maids a milking,
    7 swans a swimming,
    6 geese a laying,
    5 gold rings,
    4 turtle doves,
    3 french hens,
    2 turtle doves,
    and a partridge in a pear tree......


    phew.....

    ReplyDelete