Sunday, 6 November 2011

Year 6

This is the second layout I have created using the Scrapaholix Kit for November.  For this layout I added a sheet of Dovecraft 'Bordeaux' cardstock (as there was only 1 sheet of wine coloured card in the kit) and I wanted to do two pages about Jamie's journey through the junior school.

I used the reverse side of the patterned paper called 'Home Sweet Home' from the Simple Stories 'Generations' collection for the main part of the patterned background.  As the technique this month is 'distressing', I used a paper tearer to create a ragged edge on one side of the paper and then inked it using the Color Box Chalk Ink in Dark Moss.  I used the front of the same patterned paper in a strip across the bottom of the page, which I distressed as before.

Out came the Big Shot and that Tim Holtz Rosette die once again (I love this instead of adding flowers to male layouts as it is not so feminine) and I made two rosettes out of the same paper.  I made two side banners and added some buttons (with string in the middle) for texture.  I cut a circle tag from some kraft cardstock and added some string to finish.

If you leave a comment on today's post, I will enter your name into the blog candy draw for this month.  The usual rules apply.  Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely layout... I love the choice of papers, and the rosettes, I love them so much I bouht the die,lol.. they go with everything, and look great on masculine projects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shelagh. I love this rosette die too much - it will appear on many more layouts to come! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ann lovely layout the colours are masculine but warm you're making me think more about papers as the strip of floral paper certainly works on this boy page and yes once again love the tags and rosetes

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful layout, love the fall colors. great addition of the button and rosettes. thank you fo rsharing your layout.

    ReplyDelete