Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Christmas Quiz Q2.


Christmas Crackers - one tradition most people buy as they look lovely on the table on Christmas Day!  But where did they originate from?

The first person to give me the correct answer will receive an extra entry into the draw.  Have you ever made your own Christmas crackers?  If so what do you put inside them?  Leave a comment (and if you qualify) I will enter your name into the blog candy draw.  The draw will take place on Christmas Eve - Good Luck!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Ann,
    I believe the xmas cracker was thought up by Tom Smith after a trip to Paris where he saw almond sweets wrapped in paper, I believe that he then used this idea but used little gifts inside instead and created what has become the xmas cracker. I have made my own crackers a few times, I put little gifts in that I know will be enjoyed. Loving the xmas fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yip, I think April definitely got that one. I love crackers, my dogs not so much. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. April, you are very knowledgeable! I didn't know where they came from but I do like them on my Christmas table! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi April - you are the first with the correct answer today and will get 2 entries in to the draw for today. Thanks for taking part. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done April I didnt know that, so Ive learned something today.
    For some reason my Mam is obsessed with crackers , i think we could start our own shop, shes banned from buying anymore till we use up the ones we have. She has a cracker mountain in her spare room.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jaqi - I can understand this obsession to a point. I think it has something to do with the shiny paper! I always look and admire but have the sense not to buy! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know they look so festive and cute but I have never bought one or used one to my knowledge.

    ReplyDelete