Saturday, 10 December 2011

Christmas Quiz Q5.

We all send them, some are made, whilst others buy them!  I am talking about Christmas Cards - millions are sent each year, sometimes to people we see on a regular basis or to those whom we see less often.

For today's quiz question - who invented the 'commercial Christmas Card' (clue: it was in 1846).  First person to leave the correct answer will receive 2 entries into the draw for today.  For everyone else, let me know - are you a maker or a buyer?  Do you make all your own cards, just a few for those 'special' people in your life or do you go out and buy all your Christmas Cards?  If you leave a comment (and you qualify) I will enter your name into the draw.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Ann
    I had to look this up, sir Henry Cole invented the idea and John Calcott Horsley was commissioned to produce it. Have a lovely day, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Handmade 25 for family and close friends,and bought some
    For others craft stuff put away until new year! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the correct answer Laura - I didn't know this one either (before I looked on Google!) Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann, I have made cards for all my family and close friends and have bought a pack for any others I may send, thinking about it I really ought to write them soon! Well done Laura. Great quiz Ann! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make my cards for nearest and dearest and the rabel get bought ones ha ha ha, we have a huge family so it would take me from now until next Christmas to make the all, so I make for close family and friends and buy nice ones for thr rest of the family...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Ive been awol these last few days i just dont know where the time has gone im afraid.
    I make a select few but buy the rest im afraid. i still need to get mine written out , i usually have them done way before now

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually buy my cards but I am making some right now for next year. Better late than never!

    ReplyDelete