Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Christmas Quiz Q9.

It has become known as the day the 'sales' start (in the UK anyhow) but it seems very unlikely that 'Boxing Day' sales will be anything especially different this year as many retailers have had to slash their prices to entice customers to buy early.
Today's quiz question: what other name is given to 'Boxing Day'?  The first correct answer will receive 2 entries into the draw for today.  For everyone else - leave a comment and let me know what is the best ever sale bargain you have ever bought?  Perhaps you don't like the January sales and keep clear of them!  Let me know and I will enter your name into the draw (if you qualify).  Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Ann,
    I have heard it referred to as St Stephen's Day, not sure if this is correct though. I try to steer clear of the sales, I've generally done enough shopping in the run up to Christmas to last me a looooong time :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi April - yes this is the answer I was looking for. I agree I don't like the January sales at all (too crowded for me) but I think all the shops have reductions on at the moment anyhow so it seems like the sales have started early! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann no I don't like the January sales,it like a jumble sale!
    Like you said the sales our on now x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry that should have a said the sales are on now x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont do the sales......i find best part of it is rubbish most of the time. Anyway who needs clothes and shoes and bags and other sale stuff when theres crafting stuff to buy lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you jaqi, lol.... craft goodies are more importent hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cant understand why they keep saying ' no one has any money ' well you would'nt think that here, you would think it's the end of the world next week...... the way people are buying......lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. My best sale was on a patriotic Tshirt with the Peanuts characters (Snoopy is my favorite!)that had an original price of $80 and I got it on sale for $10!

    ReplyDelete