Sunday, 15 January 2012

CHICAGO - here I come!

I have to say before I go any further I am talking about Chicago the musical - not the place (more's the pity!).  I am still excited at the prospect of going to see the musical though.  This treat was one of many fab presents I got for Christmas.

It's on at The Sunderland Empire in March and as you can see from the advertising the line up includes: Ali Bastian, Stefan Booth, Tupele Dorgu and Bernie Nolan.  Ali Bastian plays the part of Roxie Hart and Tupele (from Corrie) plays Velma Kelly.  Stefan Booth (Eastenders) plays the part of Billy Flynn and Bernie Nolan is Mama Norton.

I must confess that I have never seen the film, so this will be the first time I have come across the story but I cannot wait as I love live theatre.  What's the best live theatre performance you have seen?  Leave a comment on today's post (leave your comment today to qualify - see rules) and I will enter your name into the blog candy draw.  Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! that sure looks exciting.
    Hmm I never been to any theater performances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy it Ann, I have'nt been to any theater performances, apart from a panto..... I went to see Rod Stewart a few years ago at Manchester City Football Stadium, he was Fantastic, dont know if that counts lol......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think any live performances are great. I have been to several music 'gigs' in my time and the atmosphere is electric (perhaps it's the guitars!!). Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Blood Brothers! I really want to see 'Wicked' and 'The Phantom of the Opera' Oh well, maybe one day! Enjoy 'Chicago', I'm sure you'll have a fab time! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to say which one was the BEST - I've loved almost all that I've seen. The ones I saw with my children might be the best - Lion King & Beauty & the Beast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're going to see the musical?? oh man I am so jealous!!

    have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the show Ann, I'm sure it will be great I love Sunderland Empire. Mama Mia was a great show the audience danced in the aisles I did'nt want it to end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds liek fun...somethign i've never experience :p

    ReplyDelete