Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Santa's Little Helper

As soon as I saw this photo Christmas card from my niece I knew that it would end up as a scrapbook page!  It is a photograph of her son's first Christmas.  I used the frame from the card as a starting point to the layout.
I used Bazzill French Vanilla cardstock as the base and added an oblong piece of Authentique Wonder collection patterned paper called 'Anticipation' (reverse side).  I then added a strip of Authentique 'Curiosity' patterned paper (used the reverse side) along the right hand side of the layout towards the bottom of the oblong piece.  I cut a circle from the 'Curiosity' patterned paper and adhered this on top.

As the photograph was already in a 'frame' from the Christmas card, I attached this on top of the patterned papers.  The chipboard sentiments are from FabScraps and the title is made from American Crafts Thickers called Jewelry Box.

A quick and easy layout to make to ease myself back into scrapbooking.  I feel I haven't done much scrapping for ages!  If you leave a comment on this post (and you qualify- please see rules so you don't miss out), I will enter your name into the blog candy draw for the lovely Martha Stewart punch around the page set.

Good luck in the draw - see you back here tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Its a lovely page Ann, I really love these papers im glad I bought a few more they look fab and I honestly think they look just as good for non xmassy layouts too. And French Vanilla as you know is my absolute favourite i love it , i must get more from you as i dont like to run out. Im hoping to get some scrapping done tonight with Pauline and then Shelagh is coming tomorrow hope my mojo is still around , its not easy when you have some time off .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh super cute photo! great layout, adding the circle really adds interest to the design. Lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a loveley pic Ann, and a great layout; I havent done any cratfting since Christmas eve, when I was making a pressie for my sister hee hee hee. I'm going to see my mentor (Jaqi) tomorrow, so with a bit of luck, her mojo will rub off on to me ha ha ha ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an adorable layout! he's so cute with his elf outfit

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable. And such a cute helper too.
    hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is absolutely gorgeous! love the way you did the bottom of the photo with the embellishments

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Lo!!!

    Thanks for the opportunity to win your lovely candy (on February 2012).

    Val Rodrigues
    Hugs .
    www.crieartezzanato.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete