Tuesday, 17 January 2012

SCHOOL TIME

This month's Scrapaholix Club Kit used the technique of resin roses and some Graphic 45 patterned papers, featuring a 'time theme'.  When I saw the patterned papers, I just knew which photographs to use and make the layouts 'School Time'.  The kit included Graphic 45 patterned papers called 'The Three R's' and 'Calico Kids' (which I also have in stock at the moment).

I used the black cardstock as the base, before using a Tando Creative Clock Mask and some Perfect Pearls Mist to create the background.  I then cut a piece of 'The Three R's' paper (used reverse side) and adhered this to the left of the layout.  I then matted the photograph onto the red card and some Graphic 45 patterned paper called 'Calico Kids' (used reverse side, which is striped).  I cut two strips of paper from the two patterned papers and added them under the photograph.  I added the resin roses, using some glossy accents to stick them to the paper and used My Mind's Eye Lush Chipboard Alphabet Stickers in black for the title.  The journal strips were made by using some Kraft cardstock, to which I added text using my computer.


This second layout is very similar.  I used the same technique to create the clock background (placing it slightly different to the previous layout) and used the opposite side of the papers.

Leave a comment on this post and (if you qualify - see rules) I will enter your name into the draw for today.  Please remember that I only count comments left on the day of the post.  Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. Wow I love the use of the black background it really sets everything off nicely! great layouts! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layouts Ann, the papers look great, I love how you've used the clock mask.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the second Layout better for some reason. Maybe because it has less letters. I do like the colors a lot, especially the read around the photo is great.
    I like the first layout, too of course!

    Cheers, Ulli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layouts Ann, I love the clock mask too, on the dark background its really effective. They are lovely photos and they have made lovely pages .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout and sweet photos! very pretty girls.

    Luanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. what lovely creations!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Amelia (mimi)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I'm late to leave a comment but I'm going to leave one anyway. Love the LO's The black and Gold is beautiful together and I love the touch of red.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the colour combos. :) great layouts :)

    ReplyDelete