Friday, 6 January 2012

SMILE for the camera

I am busy trying to create some new layouts for the forthcoming Ross Papercraft Show at Rainton Meadows on 22nd January and realised that I didn't have any using the fab Authentique 'Gathering' paper collection.  I always find that customers like to see the products 'made up' as it gives them more ideas on what to do when they buy the papers.  I popped over to the Authentique blog for some inspiration (you lose your mojo a bit over the festive period) and found a gorgeous layout by Cristine Redmond called 'Little Miss Smiley'.  I loved this layout so much that I actually recreated it using the same patterned papers for the matting of the photograph and the bunting.

I used Bazzill Kraft Cardstock for the base (as in the original) and added some paint effects using a paint brush and a Jennie Bowlin Paint Dabber (Chicken Feed).  The Authentique 'Gathering' patterned papers used are Together, Flourish, Reminisce, Bloom and Harmony for the rosette.  I used string for the banner as I didn't have any twine in a suitable colour.  The buttons are from my own stash (from years ago!) and the title is made from American Crafts Thickers and Authentique Petite Type Square alphas in green.

If your mojo is in a rut why not try scraplifting. If you are uploading it to any blog, please give the original designer the recognition.  To see the original version of this layout, pop over to the Authentique blog - you will find the layout in the gallery. If you leave a comment (see rules) I will enter your name into the blog candy draw for today.  Thanks for stopping by today.

7 comments:

  1. This layout is great! I really love the "Gathering" papers. Love the bunting and rosette flower! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the rosette.... I love them, love the bunting as well, but must admit I have a thing about the rosettes lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share your love of the rosettes Shelagh. I have to stop myself making them for every project! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just come back from my sisters, she's a crafter too, but not to my extent lol..she's more into knitting and sewing, but I have just been cutting out loads of the rosettes and swirls for her. I would put them on everything I love them lol...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Ann, I love the bunting and the rosette, must admit I like them too Shelagh I must get some more cut they are very effective

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the banner! great layout

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this colors!


    Thanks for the opportunity to win your lovely candy (on February 2012).

    Val Rodrigues
    Hugs .
    www.crieartezzanato.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete