Friday, 24 February 2012

FAB

I thought I would try my hand using a different style to my scrapbook layouts and decided on 'Steampunk' as inspiration as I haven't done anything along those lines before.  I have used chipboard but not really much of the 'Steampunk' style made by Tando Creative, so I thought I would give it a go and here is the result!
I haven't gone very grungy but I love the overall effect of this finished layout.  I have scrapped this photograph before using more colourful patterned papers but I actually prefer this one now it is finished.

Materials used: Bazzill Avalanche Cardstock; Bazzill Kraft Cardstock; Graphic 45 'An ABC Primer Collection' - The Three R's; MME Lush chipboard alphabet stickers - Black; Tando Creative Clock Mask; Tando Creative Chipboards - Wings & Cogs Set, Decorative Keys, Locks & Latches; Delish Designs 4 x Limited Edition: Rub on Transfers; String.

Have you given yourself a challenge recently and tried something outside of your comfort zone?  If not, why not give it a go!  Leave a comment on today's post and (if you qualify) I will enter your name into the blog candy draw (to be drawn next week).  Best of luck and thank you for stopping by.

16 comments:

  1. wow! this is lovely.
    Love the black, white and gray and hint of kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Ann this is indeed FAB! love it, the colours work really well. Haven't experimented with SteamPunk yet.... I had a go at a Vintage card quite recently, I enjoyed it and will do more in this style now. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Luanne and April. I am glad to see that you are experimenting with other styles April. I think as crafter's we need to keep stretching ourselves (craft wise ... not the gym type stretching!). Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Really nice LO and doesn't it feel good to try something a little different? My daughter just made her first steampunk project. I have yet to try it! I've recently been challenging myself to work outside my usual palette or color schemes. I've been surprised how much I like the results! It's helping me expand my color sense.
    -Ann M
    cardsbyann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers Ann. It does feel like a sense of achievement to try something a little bit different and out of your comfort zone. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes i have! but unfortunately most of the time when i do, things don't turn out! :( it takes a few efforts to get something i want. but it's nice to chance things up! :)

    great page! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just wonderful. I love the Theme, fabulous idea and wonderful setup
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all your lovely comments. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this layout, everything worls so well together.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the keys, the whole layout looks 'Fab' x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your lovely comments. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous layout Ann, love everything about it. I like Steampunk too i need to collect more Steampunk stamps and bits and pieces as I adore the style

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't really tried anything "outside" lately, but after seeing yours and how well it turned out... maybe it's time!!
    Crafty Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Pendra - glad that you got some inspiration to try to do something different. Ann x

    ReplyDelete