Monday, 6 February 2012

Flying without wings

Another song title - this time from Westlife.  As soon as I saw this photograph I knew it had to be something about flying as it looks as if 'J' is flying out of the picture!  He is in fact suspended on part of an old artillery gun at Tynemouth Priory.
I used Bazzill Kraft cardstock as the base (it is becoming a favourite) and used some white acrylic paint and a Tando Creative Random Circles Mask to create the background.  I used Authentique Gathering patterned paper called 'Together' (circles side), then layered this up with grey card and the patterned side of the same paper to mat the photograph.

I made (surprise, surprise) some rosettes from the same patterned paper and added some decorative pins (from my own stash).  The wings (on each side of the photograph) are from Tando Creative (Wings and Hearts Set) and the arrow I cut from a piece of corrugated card (also from my own stash).

The title was made from American Crafts Thickers (they go such a long way) and some Authentique Petite Type Square Alphas, which co-ordinate with this paper range.  I enjoyed making this layout as I got 'messy' with the paints!

If you leave a comment on this post, I will enter your name into the draw.  Please see rules to qualify.  Thank you for stopping by and good luck in the draw.

13 comments:

  1. Hey Ann, as always I love your layout!! Hope you're having a great day!!
    Ulli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great layout and colour combo! fun photo too :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Ulli & April - thank you for your comments. You have earned yourselves 1 entry into the draw each. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely layout! love those wings you added and rosettes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another lovely layout , the rosettes look great , I too love the wings , and I like the fact you have used a star/ flower for the dot above the i, looks good

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jaqi. I just LOVE those rosettes and I use them whenever I can. They are great for male layouts as they aren't too flowery. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ann,
    Lovely layout, I'm a fan of the rosettes... I would put them on everything lol.... love the colours youve used..x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shelagh - thanks for your lovely comments. I have been busy today creating layouts with the Scrapaholix kit for this month. Will post the first one this week sometime. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute LO Ann. Great photo to scrap. The rosette flowers are beautiful. TFS
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Rosalee - it is easy with the Tim Holtz Mini paper rosettes die! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the song, love the layout :)
    cool picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by Divinity. Ann x

    ReplyDelete