Friday, 10 February 2012

LIFE is not black & white

This is the first of two layouts I have created with this month's Scrapaholix kit.  The technique this month is 'Glassine' and the patterned papers are from the Kaisercraft Collection called 'Madame Boutique'.

I used 'Lingerie' from the collection as the base for this layout and used a template to cut the shape then matted this to some brown cardstock.  The photographs were matted onto the reverse side of  'Corset' and brown cardstock.  I cut out two roses from the 'Corset' patterned paper and added them to the left of the layout.  The gold coloured rose is layered using foam tape to give some depth to the layout.

I cut the flourish from a Sizzix Die then misted it with Perfect Pearls Mist.  I made some paper roses using a Sizzix Bigz Die (flowers, 3-D) on my Big Shot using patterned paper and some of the Glassine (Ranger product).  This product is lovely and pliable but doesn't stick very well as it has a wax like coating.  I used a brad to secure the rose to the layout, then added an adhesive pearl to the centre.
A close-up of the paper roses

The title is made from Dovecraft Glitter Alphabets in Chocolate and the sub-title is Authentique Petite Type Square Alphas in green.  I have another layout made with this kit, which I will post next week.

If you leave a comment (and you qualify - see rules), I will enter your name into the blog candy draw.  Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. Great layout Ann, I really like the title! and those roses have turned out lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those paper flowers. I am jealous! Great Layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Ann, this is my new Fave layout, the paper flowers are great, the papers are lovely, it's just sooooooo OOOOOOOOOOOO...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this layout. Papers are wonderful. Nice cut flowers and placing them in the lower corner of the image. Hugs. Lily Anuska

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful LO Ann. Love the color you chose. Just Beautiful.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  6. love those flowers :) great layout once again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely layout! and photo. The paper flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely layout those roses are nice and the adhesive pearl is a lovely finishing touch.
    I like the glassine paper Ive bought some but as yet havent used it other than to play with trying out distress inks on it etc.
    Sorry Im a day late ( i know this wont go into the draw) it was my daughters 18th yesterday so i was a wee bit busy, until i collapsed on the sofa worn out .
    Hope you all have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete