Thursday, 2 February 2012

'Love me Do'

I got the inspiration for this layout from a song title 'Love me Do' (The Beatles) and the idea was from an edition of the Scrapbook Magazine, using song titles on scrapbook layouts.  I decided to use the gorgeous Prima - Alla Prima range of patterned papers for this layout as they compliment the photograph perfectly.
For the base I used Alla Prima 'Fresco' as it was already printed with the lovely edging and flowered corners.  I layered this with strips of 'Motif', which I cut using scallop edged scissors.  I matted the photograph on the remainder of the 'Motif' paper (used reverse side) to which I added some ribbon roses (from my own stash).  The chipboard heart (Tando) was inked and then I added some self-adhesive pearls.

I cut the flourish on the Big Shot and added some 'Flower Market Alla-Prima' paper flowers (which are a perfect match!).  The title was made from American Crafts Thickers (Jewelry Box in White).

Thanks for stopping by today.  If you leave a comment on this post (and you qualify - see rules), I will enter your name into the blog candy draw.

16 comments:

  1. Good morning!!

    I like the colors in this layout. And I think it's great how you used a layout where there were already things printed on but added on to that by using other stuff (stickers, etc.)

    Have a great day!
    Ulli

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Ann those papers do compliment the photo so well! the layout is lovely! and love your arrangement of the flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this color combo and paper is gorgeus. The title is beautiful in white, fit well with the bride's dress and flowers. Hugs. Lily Anuska

    ReplyDelete
  4. what gorgeous layout! love the colors and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your lovely comments. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely layout Ann, loving the colours, it's so cheerfull, yet romantic, love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ann. I just love your LO. The colors are just beautiful and I love all the flourishes. TFS
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Rosalee. Just hoping to give some inspiration! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful layout :) i really need to get started on my own wedding scrapbook...hopefully this'll inspire me to start :)

    hugs, divinity

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Divinity - I hope this has given you the start you need. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this layout the colours are gorgeous and it's good to know that I'm not the only one that draws on Beatles song titles for inspiration.

    Alli xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Alli - well they do have some great song titles! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ann, I am your newest follower and had to check out what you are doing! Lovely layout, love the colors and that is a great idea using song lyrics for inspiration and titles!
    Crafty Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome Pendra and thank you for your comment. I will give you 1 entry into the draw for adding me to your side bar. Comments only count when they are made on the same day as the post. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Apologies im late, ( I know this wont be in the draw) What a fab layout, gorgeous colours and those white roses across the bottom of the picture look fab

    ReplyDelete