Friday, 3 February 2012

Mine's a Pint

I love the Scrapbook Magazine for the constant inspiration it gives and the monthly Scrap-tastic activity pack, which gives you a variety of sketches to use.  In the latest edition (issue 61) I used the 'Belle of the ball' sketch (on page 34) to create this layout.

Using the sketch for the layout I opted for Bazzill French Vanilla as the base (which I inked the edges).  I layered up by using a sheet of Glitz 'Love Games Polka' patterned paper (used both sides).  All I did to the red side was to cut the edge with some scalloped scissors before adding the polka dot patterned piece.  I matted the photograph onto black and cream cardstock and layered up a couple of Bazzill die-cut flowers (Flower Pot - Black Tie) to which I added a little gem (from my own stash) and a ladybird (no idea where this came from!).

To finish I added an arc of black pearls to the right hand side of the layout.  The title is made from American Crafts Thickers.  I also doodled little dots all around the outside of the base cardstock.

If you leave a comment on this post I will enter your name into the blog candy draw.  Thanks and good luck!

8 comments:

  1. This layout is great! I love the arc of black pearls, I love to see curves / circles in layouts I think they give a great effect. Great piccie too :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty layout. Love the clean layout and the black pearls looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great layout Ann, loving the arc of black pearls .....

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is absoloutly lovely Ann!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx Amelia (mimi)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful LO. I so love the design and color combo. Great work Ann. TF
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the layout. especially your use of the pearls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your lovely comments. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, and the arc of black pearls is a lovely touch.

    I have a similar photo of Joe at Drews Wedding in the bar , they make such lovely memories pictures like this. Now captured so well in this layout.

    ReplyDelete