Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Shh! baby (at work)

I used this lovely photograph of my niece's baby - doing what babies do - sleeping!  The title came to me in a flash of inspiration.  I was going to call the layout 'sleepy head' but 'Shh!' came to mind - followed by baby (at work) as an alternative to the usual baby titles.  It is hard work being a baby - all that sleeping, milk drinking ..... and the rest! 

I used another sketch from Issue 61 of the Scrapbook Magazine for this layout (Love you daddy - page 49) as it used similar colours to what I was going to use and I liked the simplicity of the design.

I used Bazzill Dotted Swiss in Salt (white) as the base, layered up with Dotted Swiss Sandbox.  I used Authentique  Gathering 'Grow' (thought this was apt) as the background to the photograph, which was matted onto some blue cardstock.  The cute little embellishments are Nitwit Essentials 'In the Meadow' Toppers, which I would normally think of as using on cards but work perfectly with the layout.  The ribbon and ribbon slider are from my own stash.  The title is made up of American Crafts Thickers and rub-ons.

Thank you for stopping by today.  Leave a comment and (if you qualify) you will be entered into the draw for today.

10 comments:

  1. Ahh how cute! I like that you have chosen mostly natural colours with just a little blue, super cute embellishments too :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Ann, why cant you sell these , (babies), your layout looks great, would you mind if I borrowed it, I've got a lovely pic in mind, I love the natural colours, with just a touch of colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks April and Shelagh for your comments. The layout is taken from the Scrapbook Magazine - they put them in there for crafters to scraplift! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout. I love the title.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw...so cute , what a lovely delicate layout perfect for this picture. I love the little sheep too...so cute , they grow up so fast so its lovely to be able to look back on memories like this . Scrapbooking is a brilliant way of taking a trip down memory lane

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is lovely Ann, really creative!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx Amelia (mimi)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. I love this. The title is so perfect, lov the LO and design too. TFS
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the layout idea ann!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to everyone for all your lovely comments. Ann x

    ReplyDelete