Thursday, 16 February 2012

Storage Solutions: Handbag Desk Tidy

Tando Creative have a fab Desk Tidy in the shape of a handbag, which was featured in Issue 61 of the Scrapbook Magazine.  In the feature, Carin McDonough created a fantastic desk storage piece using the Tando Desk Tidy bare chipboard, some lovely patterned papers and added some handmade embellishments to finish.

This is the Desk Tidy in it's raw state (it requires assembly and gluing).  In the article Carin completely transforms this piece into a beautiful creation, worthy of space on your desk.  I now stock this item (along with the masks I featured yesterday).

Leave a comment on how you would transform this little beauty and I will enter your name into the blog candy draw.  See rules to qualify though.  Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

  1. Not done any projects like this yet, have seen a few that i'd like to try, I think for this one I'd use patterned papers in pinks, browns and creams to cover it then add lots of flowers and pearls. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet....you mean I couldnt use it for a night out? I think id go for red and blacks and some black bling.....just to be a bit daring of course ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi April and Jaqi - two completely different ideas on what to do with this little handbag. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww jaqi, I was going to use it on my night out as well, lol..... dont think I could get my shopping in tho,,lol... I think I wouls do it Blues and Purples, and of course bling it up, it's a shame to use it on your desk....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shelagh - that sounds pretty. I amsure it would look good in any colour. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This wonderful. Never seen anything like it. Black and white with green bling and embellishments would make it look awesome. TFS
    HUgs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! i'd make it extra girly -- lots of pinks. pink carkstock, pink patterned paper,...and of course bling it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is lovely! I will add lovely matching papers and elegant blings. gems or pearls. And inside the bag are sweet and beauty treats. Perfect to give for mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ann, great name by the way! ;) Thanks for the chance to win your fabulous candy! I just love Martha Stewart punches! I popped your candy pic on my sidebar.

    I think this is a great project. I'm in the process of organizing my work space and this Desk Tidy would be so cute and practical! I would cover it in primarily black DP's and embellish it with flowers, diamond (white) rhinestones, and a beautiful bow at the base of the handle.
    -Ann M
    http://cardsbyann.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please remember that only comments left on the same day as the post will count towards the draw. See rules for clarification.

    ReplyDelete