Saturday, 17 March 2012

Design Team: Day Trip

Today, Jaqi has created another one of her vintage style layouts using a lovely photograph from her (seemingly endless) stash of family photographs.  I love these old photographs as they are part of our social history and should be cherished as Jaqi has by incorporating them into her scrapbook album.

For this page, Jaqi has used Bazzill French Vanilla cardstock as the base and Blackbird cardstock for matting and layering. The patterned papers used are Prima Almanac 'Edison' and Glitz Design Pretty In Pink 'Polka'.  The title is MME Lush chipboard alphas in Black.

Jaqi has hand-made her flowers using Bazzill Raven Tulle and Delish Designs Peppercorn Collection Sweet Brads.  If you want to see how Jaqi put this layout together - pop over to her blog at www.jaqi-scrapbookinginmysleep.blogspot.com

If you leave a comment on this post (today only please) I will enter your name into the blog candy draw - if you are a follower.  Thank you for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. I love this layout , I think I will matt everything in black again I like the way it looks. My stash of photos is endless theres still nearly 750 printed ready to use with at least another 400 stored on disc ready to print.
    Ive learnt so much about my familys history whilst working with them.
    These papers were lovely to work with and a fantastic quality paper, and the brads were so lovely too......You might not believe it but I made a pair of earrings with 2 of them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaqi has an amazing stash of photos, and may I say the earrings she made out of the brads look so good, very expensive looking...it's a a stunning layout, the flowers are Great with the Bazzill Tulle, the colours are fantastic, congrats Jaqi on another Great layout ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for creating this layout Jaqi. It brought back memories for me as we used to go on 'Day Trips' organised by someone in the street where we lived. They would organise a coach (obviously before everyone had cars of their own and before travel agents cottoned onto the fact that people liked organised trips).I can't remember where we went but I do remember looking forward to these days. Obviously, it was a lot later than Jaqi's photo's! Ann

    ReplyDelete