Sunday, 11 March 2012

Making embellishments

From Monday, I will be featuring some projects using hand-made embellishments.  The Design Team (Jaqi and Jules this month) will be creating using patterned papers from the Brand New Prima Almanac Collection and Glitz Design Pretty In Pink Collection.  The challenge for the DT this month is to create layouts and other projects using the papers and other elements in the kit to hand make their embellishments.

There are loads of lovely embellishments that are ready made by manufacturer's but sometimes they can be a bit pricey.  With this in mind, I will kick start the week with a layout I have made using the Glitz Design Pretty In Pink patterned papers and by only adding a few items from my own stash, create a layout costing, well not very much at all.

On Tuesday I will feature a layout from Jaqi and this theme will continue throughout the month.    Leave a comment to say whether you prefer to make your own embellishments or prefer bought ones.  Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

  1. I never really made my own embellies so I am super excited to see yours. Really, can't wait!

    Have a fab weekend sunday and by the way the candy arrived. THANKS so much again!!

    cheers ulli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann,
    Nice to see all the lovely new stock at the show... I make some of my own embellishments but I buy some as well.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try and make all of my embellishments , it really does keep the cost down. I do however buy the odd one if its something really special.
    I also find that some bought ones can sit quite high causing distortion in the plastic sleeves in the albums, homemade ones can be made flatter , which can help with that .
    Hope you had a good day at the show, Ive just finished my double shift so its time for a glass of wine for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jaqi - the show was great! They are much better now that they are run by Ross Papercraft Show. The place was buzzin! Enjoy your wine, Ann x

    ReplyDelete