Sunday, 18 March 2012

National Scrapbooking Day 2012

The Scrapbook Garden are celebrating National Scrapbooking Day on the 1st Saturday in May (5th May 2012) with a day booked at a local church hall (1.00 - 6.00 p.m.).  The day lets you scrap with friends (or make new ones), join in the optional sessions using a kit to produce two layouts and to make one of those lovely little Desktop Storage Handbags (from Tando Creative).

Already the places are fully-booked (in just over a week - wow!) and I have now to think of what to do regarding the kit for the first optional session.  I have ideas a plenty - just need to see how many people want to join in before I start ordering products for the kits.

As well as the scrapping space for the day, there is also a light afternoon tea on the agenda as well as The Scrapbook Garden shop to buy some extra goodies you might want (I mean need!) on the day.

Have you any plans to celebrate this day?  Leave a comment to let me know and (if you qualify - see rules), I will enter your name into the draw.  I will keep you posted on what we get up to after the event.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Remember to pop back tomorrow to see what Jules has created with this month's kit.

5 comments:

  1. I did'nt even know we had a scrappbooking day, you learn something new everyday lol..... I should be away seeing my grandchildren, so unfortunatly I'll be unable to attend, but I'm sure everyone will have fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheila - I think its an American thing! - any excuse! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of National Scrapbooking Day either, but it's a great excuse to get together! Sounds like you have some great ideas Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it goes well it sounds fab, I will unfortunatly be at work from 7.30 am till 4pm that day , and every saturday from the beginning of April as I start my new hours then.
    But I will be thinking of everyone having a fab time :-)

    ReplyDelete