Tuesday, 20 March 2012

You Look Lovely Today

How lucky was I to find this perfect photograph to match this gorgeous patterned paper from Glitz Design 'Pretty In Pink' collection!  The title was already printed on the paper, so no need to think of anything else.  I used 'Ledger' for the base as it was the perfect background and added 'Polka' and the reverse side of 'Music' (hated cutting this up as it is gorgeous too) before matting the photograph on some white scalloped cardstock from my own stash.


As the challenge this month for the DT was to make their own embellishments I couldn't justify adding 'bought' embellishments to my own layouts, now could I?  I made the rosette (using the trusty Tim Holtz Die) and added some bling in the form of some little gems I found in my stash.  The elaborate swirl is made from 1 Pack of ZVA Creative Crystals (costing a mere £1.50).  The gems come in strips and I painstakingly cut each little gemstone from the sheet and added them to a swirl that I drew on the paper.  The result (even though I say myself) looks good for the price.

What little tips have you picked up over the years of crafting that you would like to share with us?  Each comment left (with a tip) will get 2 entries into the draw.  Thanks for stopping by today and remember to pop back tomorrow to see what delights Jaqi has in store for us.

6 comments:

  1. Another lovely layout Ann, I love your swirl it looks very elegant. You are correct that photo is perfect for those papers isnt it? I adore the black rosette, it looks gorgeous , everything matches together beautifully.

    I may spend alot of money on my crafting items but the main thing ive learned over the years is to buy items that I can get alot of use out of. I buy dies and punches that can be used for lots of projects, my alphabet dies have been a god send, allowing me to cut out titles from scrap card making the most of everything. Some of them may have been expensive at the time but I have more than my money back over the years by being able to get alot of use out of them.
    Im a firm believer that crafting doesnt have to be expensive if you plan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pretty pink! Love the rosette and the gem flourish is great! I'll have a go at that! I will share a tip but many will probably already know about it, but it is something I have only tried recently..... use your dies to cut thin funky foam, attach the foam cut outs to a stamp block then you have a stamp in the form of your favourite dies... even the thin dies work if you use thin foam and stamp carefully, I have use Marianne Creatables dies to do this and they worked well :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jaqi - thanks for your comment. What you say makes good sense! I just love that Tim Holtz rosette die and it has appeared several times on different layouts. It is just as good for girly layouts (with a bit bling) as it is with boys layouts using more masculine colours. You will get 2 entries into the draw for today. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi April - thanks also for your comments. What a good tip! I did realise that the BigZ dies can cut thick material and you could use foam to create your own stamps but didn't realise that about the thin dies. You learn something every day. Thanks for sharing with us. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ann, A stunning layout, I bought this paper from you at Nissan, now I'm trying to find the right photo.....my tip is get together with your crafting friends, make a list of the dies you all have, then you can share, and have more dies, Jaqi and I have done it, it's great.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shelagh - thanks for your comment. I hope I have inspired you to do your layout using this paper? Great idea about the dies - it can save you all a lot of money. Ann x

    ReplyDelete