Friday, 4 May 2012

Birthday Girl

This is the second layout I have created using this month's Scrapaholix kit using the technique of brads and spacers.  For this layout I gutted the middle from one of the patterned papers, cut 1/2" from two sides of the white cardstock and layered on top of the gutted paper for the base.  I added some faux stiching using a green Zig Writer pen. 


I layered up the remainder of the patterned papers and added faux stitching as before.  The flowers were made using a Tattered Florals die on the Big Shot.  I added the spacers and brads in the centres.  The title is made from American Crafts DIY Thickers - I just inked them using a dye ink pad.

The other day we had a mini discussion about photographs.  The ones on this layout were taken nearly 9 years ago and not some of the better ones I have taken.  I used them because they are a milestone marking a little girls 2nd birthday.  The background had lots of different colours but I opted to use these papers as they are lovely shades of green and yellow and are perfect for outdoor themes.

Leave a comment (and if you qualify - see rules) I will enter your name into the blog candy draw.  Thanks for taking the time to stop by.  Best of luck!

9 comments:

  1. Ah I think the photo's are great, I rarely use green as a main theme colour but this looks great, as you say it has a nice outdoorsy feel! Great layout too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks April. I have used this layout before but it looks different because of the sizes of the photograph and of course different patterned papers. You get 1 entry into the draw. Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats awesome.. I am digging your to find out a LO which has used 2 or more pic. fabulous LO. Started making 1 for BIL's son. Hope it comes out nicely. will send u pics when I would finish that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bhawana. I do sometimes use more than one photo on a layout - you will see if you scroll through some past posts! It would be lovely to see what you do - keep me posted. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab photos and layout i really love the stitching effect with the pen its a lovely finishing touch to a gorgeous layout

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers Jaqi. The photographs are not the best but I like the finished layout. You get 1 entry into the draw. Best of luck! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. Love that you used darker pictures with lighter papers. Never tried it but I like it.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely layout Ann,loving the flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by Rosalee and Lynne and for your comments. I wasn't sure about the photo's and papers at first but I like the end result. You both get 1 entry into the draw. Ann x

    ReplyDelete