Thursday, 10 May 2012

Layout published!

I was lucky enough this month to have one of my layouts published in the 'Scrapbook Magazine' (Issue 63).  I started sending layouts into this magazine as part of the Certificate in Paper Craft qualification I was doing last year.  One of the modules was to get your work published in magazines or displayed in shop windows. 

I have previously shown this layout on this blog.  I was inspired by the idea of using song titles as scrapbook layout titles and on this one I used one of the tracks from The Beatles as inspiration.

What inspires you when you think of titles for layouts?  Let me know and I will enter your name into the blog candy draw for today.  Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. This layout is great and the title is perfect! As you know I'm more of a cardmaker so don't need to think up titles, thank goodness as I think it could be a bit tough at times! But for my cards I try to take inspiration from the recipients hobbies or interests. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by April and leaving a comment. It is difficult sometimes thinking of new titles but then I would find it harder designing a card! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Ann! You know me, I like long titles! I use my photo as inspiration, and try to think about what the photo is telling me, or whether there's a story behind it, rather than the title being a description of the picture itself. I've used song titles before too, as they often work really well :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jules - thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Congratulations to you also for your win with Scrap365 - beautiful layout. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Ann. thats was a memorable layout surely. My party due now :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by Bhawana. Good luck with your party. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use the pics I work with to look for inspiration in title for LO and when that doesn't work I turn to my sister for ideas. She loaded with cool saying and titles.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Ann, its a great layout and well done for having it published.

    Like Jules I always let the photo im working with determine the title, often a memory of the images in the photos help also. Title choosing doesnt often have me beat for more than a few minutes, in fact so much so ive started to get titles popping into my head whenever i look at a photo, dont seem to be able to turn off my scrapbooking head lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rosalee and Jaqi for stopping by and leaving a comment. I will give you 1 entry each into the draw. Ann x

    ReplyDelete