Saturday, 5 May 2012

National Scrapbooking Day

National Scrapbooking Day - some of the facts:

It is celebrated on the first Saturday in May

It first started in 1994 by a scrapbooking company called Creative Memories

BellaOnline (the souce of this information) suggests a number of things to do on this day and here are the top 3:


1) Attend a crop or scrapbook event
2) Go shopping (for scrapbooking goodies obviously)
3) Learn a new technique
I was really pleased when I read the above first 3 points on their list as that is actually what The Scrapbook Garden is doing today!  I am hosting a scrapbooking event at a local church hall to celebrate this day (just because we can), I will be taking along some of the shop (couldn't possibly take all of it!) and finally we will be learning a new technique.  All items on the list ticked!

Whatever you are doing today - have a good one!  Leave a comment to let me know what you plan to do - are you celebrating, crafting, shopping!!!!!  I will give you 1 entry into the draw for today if you are a follower.  Thanks for stopping by today and good luck!

5 comments:

  1. hey Ann how is your workshop going on??? Yes I am doing all three :))) Celebrating with making some bookmarks+ completing few of my cards which has been pending from a long time. Also did some online shopping for my LO prep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann,hope your day goes well,I'm decorating gift bags
    I have an order for 54 to do! Happy crafting x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a member of the Fiskateer's and we are celebrating with a online crop, so I guess I'll be spending as much time today as possible making cards to enter into challenges. What fun, love it!
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great time was had by all. Very tired but they all asked for another day to do something similar.

    Thanks for stopping by. Everyone who has left a comment gets 1 entry into the draw. Best of luck. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you all had a good time at the workshop, sounds like it was a great day , thats the trouble now working every weekend i get to miss out on everything like this :-( enjoyed seeing the photos tho

    ReplyDelete