Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Product Review: Canvas Cloth

I recently ordered (and have in stock) some A4 sheets of Canvas Cloth for a kit I am putting together and yesterday I created two layouts using this product and was suitably impressed.  The product is from Personal Impressions and is a true canvas line cloth with a traditional surface as used by artists to produce classic reproductions.
'The special texture creates the feel and look of a classic painting.  Use for rubber stamping and on ink jet printers - great vintage effects when you stamp on the reverse side' - this is the description given by the manufacturer, so I thought I would try the product out and give my review.


The rose and leaves image is a downloadable freebie I was given by Glitz Design and (by a happy accident) printed this off larger than I intended.  Rather than throw it away I decided to use it on the layout I was creating and it gives a beautiful effect.

This flower was made using a BigShot and Tattered Florals Die, which cuts through the canvas like butter, leaving no frayed edges!  I used the reverse side and inked it using a dye ink pad to give a vintage feel to the cut flower.
These are my findings for the review:

Cost: Seems quite pricey for a whole pack (but worth it).  It would be a great idea for a craft club - share it out as there are 5 sheets to each pack and then that works out at about £1.50 per sheet.

Use: I could see loads of different uses for this product - like it says on the pack, you can print on it, paint on it, ink on it ..... probably many other uses too.  It cuts like a dream through the BigShot!

Overall Impression: I absolutely love this product - next to Safmat I can see this becoming a favourite.

Have you used canvas cloth on any of your projects?  If so, leave a comment on this post today and I will enter your name into the blog candy draw.  Thanks for stopping by today.

8 comments:

  1. Ooh this looks like a truly luxurious product! I have never used it in my cardmaking. I love the rose you printed out, I think the size is perfect for the layout! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks April. Like I said it was a 'happy accident' as I meant to print out the whole thing in a smaller size as it is part of a quote. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann,
    I've never used it, but I have some ready to use, ( had it for about 10 years, hee hee) now that I've seen yours, I might give it a go ...... love yours, that rose is lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shelagh - well that's what it is all about - sharing ideas! Give it a go I absolutely love the effect when you print on it. I may even try a photograph next as that would come out as a mini canvas. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this looks fab, Ive not tried it either but imagine im going to have fun playing with this :-) That rose is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jaqi - I think you will get a pleasant surprise as it cuts beautifully on the BigShot so cutting dies are a piece of cake for this product. Have fun! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried Canvas cloth on any of my projects but your LO is telling me I should. Love it.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Rosalee for stopping by and leaving a comment. I think you should give it a go! Ann x

    ReplyDelete