Monday, 21 May 2012

Product Review: Chipboard Alphabet Stickers

Following on from yesterday's review I thought I would look at the different types of alphabet stickers (other than Thickers) available on the market.  I do stock several different types but I thought I would review the My Mind's Eye Lush chipboard alphabet stickers in black.  My Mind's Eye is a very popular brand name, especially with patterned paper ranges.  This Lush range is described as 'Hip & Luxurious Basics by My Mind's Eye' on their packaging and contain 2 sheets of chipboard capital letters and numbers.
I used the MME chipboard numbers in this layout over a rub-on (that reads 'Reason No:') for a layout for a 16th birthday.

I used just 3 of the letters to describe this photograph along with a rub-on quote on life.

This title say it all on a layout of a girl horse riding.

Cost: Very reasonably priced at £2.99 (the cheapest Thickers are usually around £3.99 a pack).

Use: No mess or fuss with these as they are self-adhesive and stick really well to paper and card.

Overall Impression: The only downside to these is that they are black but that said I have used them on several layouts and more than got my money's worth from them.  Like all alphabet stickers you will be left with some letters after the vowels have been used but as there are numbers included as well, you will get more mileage from them.  They can be prettied up by adding small gems or pearls to highlight them.  They are more of a grey/black and they are not glossy so they blend in with the page more.

Other alternatives to these that I stock are: Metallic Alphabet Stickers (£1 per pack); Delish Designs Flocked Stickers (£2.25); Dovecraft Glitter Alphabets (£2.50); K & Co. Flocked Stickers and Graphic 45 Staples - Alphabet Stickers (£3.50).

Do you use alphabet stickers of any sort?  Leave a comment today on this post and if you qualify (see rules) I will enter your name into the blog candy draw.  Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. I don't use alphabet stickers on my cards, however I love how you use them on layouts, I'm sure I would use them if I was a scrapbooker, they make perfect titles. Another great review, I like the idea of adding gems etc to pretty them up. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by April and leaving a comment. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont use alphabet stickers, but I'm thinking about trying them, they look great on your pages....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shelagh for leaving a comment. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very rarely but yes I have used some for time to time.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rosalee - thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on today's post. Annx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ive used them on occasion, but not often. I like the idea that they are adhesive which saves alot of fiddly sticking with glue. I quite like the black titles, but i appreciate black isnt always appropriate, but these examples look fab

    ReplyDelete