Friday, 18 May 2012

Product Review: Finger Tip Craft Knife

I was given a Fiskars finger tip craft knife as part of a kit a few years back and have never used any other cutting knife since.  'Cut like you write: complete control at your fingertips!' claim Fiskars on their packaging.
Since getting one of these finger tip knives I have been successful in cutting around awkward shaped objects and through cardstock and heavyweight papers with ease.  The shape and the way it fits between your fingers makes it perfect (in my opinion) with crafters who may have difficulty using the standard cutting knives.

Cost: I think they are reasonably priced considering they aren't going to break very easily and like all crafting tools - you get what you pay for!

Use: This is so easy to use.  It fits between your fingers and you literally just cut like you would write.  There is more control because your hand becomes one with the cutting knife.

Overall Impression: Like all tools, there will be some crafters who prefer the ordinary straight cutting knives and may find this one strange to handle to begin with.  I think after a while, like me, you wouldn't want to use anything else.

Have you used one of these knives?  What was your experience?  Leave a comment on this post today and I will enter your name into the blog candy draw (see rules).  Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

  1. I have one of these Ann! I do like it, but tend to use it more for tidying up items I have already cut out with scissors, I liked the idea of being able to use it free hand, but then found I didn't really have that much call for it. Definately a very handy little tool to have though. Great Review! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks April. I am trying to be objective and say it how it is! It can be awkward as some products I just love! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mine , I got mine from the kit too and was surprised at how comfortable it is to use and its great for getting into awkward spaces when cutting out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - we got the knife as part of a scrapaholix kit! Glad to hear you're still using it. I have tried going back to the other kind of cutting knife but I find there is more control with the finger knife. Thanks for stopping by. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have ordered one for myself. waiting to use that.I always wanted to have one. its perfect to make small cuts on the paper and a complete new look for your design in many times. Moreoevr as of now I dont have cuttle bug or big shop machine so feel it will work for me for sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bhawana - hope you get plenty of use from it. Spookily enough the review tomorrow is on Tim Holtz Alterations dies! Thanks for stopping by today - pop back tomorrow. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha ha , must be something wrong with me !! I cant get away with mine, I tried it a couple of times, but just could nt get the hang of it, each to their own...... lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shelagh - horses for courses as the saying goes! It would be a boring old world if we all liked the same things! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these craft knives, I've tried many brands but none compare to this one. I'm a huge fan of Fiskars products and I so love all of their stuff.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by Rosalee - I am pleased you find this product as useful as I do. Ann x

    ReplyDelete