Sunday, 20 May 2012

Product Review: Tiny Alphabet Stickers

I have noticed recently that my layout titles tend to be a bit longer.  In the early days, layout titles were usually one or two words long but nowadays, I tend to use tiny alphabet stickers to make up some of the title, adding either Thickers or other chipboard alphabet letters.  One product that I have used quite a bit of lately is the Prima Tiny Alphabet Stickers pack, which contains 695 pieces (I haven't counted them - it says on the packaging!).Using tiny alphabets in this way gives your layouts some journaling along with the title.  They can reflect what's going on in the photograph just by using a few extra words in the title without writing too much text in your journaling block or strips.


This title made from a combination of a chipboard '5' and Prima Tiny Alphabet Stickers tells the person looking at the layout what the picture is all about in one statement.


In this title (of a group of girls) the title makes it clear that this little group of friends were quite happy being 'all girls together'.


Liz created a layout (on the recent scrapbook day) adding Tiny Text (Cosmo Cricket - Together) as the journaling on her page.  Using tiny text letters in this way can save you writing lots of journaling (for those of you who don't like handwriting on their pages).

Cost: The Prima Tiny Alphabet Stickers cost around £3.99 but do contain 695 pieces (with lots of vowels).  They are different shades of cream and black, so go with a multitude of different colour layouts.  Cosmo Cricket do 'Tiny Type' stickers (400 stickers), which are cheaper and I have them in stock in brown and black colourways.

Use: Easy and clean to use as they are self-adhesive, so no glues!

Overall Impression: These little alphabets are a good addition to the scrapbookers stash and would be useful for cardmakers too.  They cut down on the bigger letters required to create a longer title (thus saving money overall). 

Do you use tiny alphabet stickers at all?  Leave a comment to let me know and I will enter your name into the blog candy draw (see rules that apply).  Thanks for stopping by today.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Ann, I never think about using alphabet stickers, I tend to use my cuttlebug and an alphabet die, I have some of the stickers, so I might just use them instead, they look great on your layouts....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelagh - I used to use the Cricut to cut my titles but got into using American Crafts Thickers or chipboard alphabet stickers and along with the mini stickers make my titles using them. I think you go through phases with your layouts and tend to change as time goes on. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't tend to use alphabet stickers. Great review though! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks April for stopping by and leaving a comment - much appreciated. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That certainly does sound like good value for money, but like Shelagh its not usually something I buy, I tend to use my cuttlebug too and its also a way of using up all the scraps of leftover card. However they do seem a cute size and they could compliment other letters and i imagine the size is brilliant for cards

    ReplyDelete