Monday, 25 June 2012

Art of Layers

Reading the Scrap365 magazine also led me to this lovely book called 'Art of Layers' by Ronda Palazzari that gives scrapbookers ideas on more imaginative pages using a mix of layers.


The book suggests different techniques to add more layering to layouts, therefore making them more interesting by using fabric, spray inks and gesso.  Some of these techniques I have tried and I love using acrylic paints as backgrounds on layouts as it gives a lovely texture to the page.

I have succumbed and ordered the book as I am always looking for new ideas and inspiration from different sources.  Look out in the future for more layouts using different layers using a variety of textures!

Do you like to use magazines, books or other means of inspiration for your crafts, whether it is cardmaking or scrapbooking?  Leave a comment to let me know and I will enter your name into the draw.  Thanks for stopping by.  Usual rules apply.

8 comments:

  1. This looks like a great book, I get most of my inspiration from the internet, fellow crafters blogs are great for inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! forgot to say, hope the show went well yesterday :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi April - yes it was another great day. I have piccies and an update to write for tomorrow's blog. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting book!
    Most of my inspiration comes from magazines and blogs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Glennis - it is lovely to look at other people's work to get inspiration. I like using sketches as well. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. When it comes to scrapbooking and card making, I never make a project without finding inspiration in a magazine or online. I also look in magazines and online to look for storage ideas when it come to tiding my craft-room.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great book, this last few weeks ive been trying out new ideas and just playing really, ive got so much stuff that never gets used so i thought the time was right. Books like this are great and usually become something you dont know how you managed without

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy you are enjoying my book. I would love to see some of your layouts!

    ReplyDelete