Monday, 11 June 2012

Perfect Picture

For this month's DT kit I decided to use the Glitz Design 'French Kiss' Floral and Fleur, along with Bazzill Vanilla Cream, Haley and Black cardstock.  We all used Personal Impressions Canvas Cloth as a technique, using a Tsukineko Dye Ink Pad in Rich Cocoa to add depth of colour.

For this layout I used the black cardstock as the base.  I cut the centre from the Fleur patterned paper (reverse side) to add a frame around the cardstock.  I used another oblong of the Fleur paper to the right of the layout and a smaller piece of the same paper (reverse side) to the bottom right of the layout (for my title base).

The photograph was matted onto Bazzill Haley cardstock (it matched perfectly with the photograph).  I cut some Tattered Floral flowers on the Bigshot using the Tim Holtz Alterations die and the canvas cloth.  The Bigshot cuts through this material like butter!  I added some pearl gems to the flower using a gem template.  The brad in the centre of the flower is a poundshop find (ages ago).

The bunting is a combination of Prima Canvas Banners (Script) and some I made myself using the canvas cloth.  They are easy to do (I used the Prima Banners as a template and cut around the shape using a sharp pair of scissors).  I then inked the canvas cloth, added some holes and silver coloured eyelets, which were threaded with some string and added to the layout using double sided foam tape. 

The title is a combination of Prima Tiny Alphabet Stickers and American Crafts DIY Thickers (which I coloured with a black dye ink pad).  I added some journaling using Safmat to finish.

I have another layout tomorrow using the same kit and Jules and Jaqi will be showcasing their designs this week also.  Leave a comment and I will enter your name into the draw (see rules).  Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. The colour scheme is great! loving the pearl flourishes and the bunting :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks April. The bunting was easy to do - I just love that canvas cloth as it gives a lovely texture to your pages. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, I love this layout Ann, it's fab, love the pearl flourishes, just love everything about it ...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. my goodness.... thats fabulous... you are queen of LO's literally.. LOve them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Shelagh and Bhawana for your kind words. You both get 1 entry into the draw. Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great layout, great minds think alike I used this paper as a border too as it was so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete