Thursday, 7 June 2012

Snowy Owl

These photographs were taken in Alberta, Canada over 6 years ago.  They were meant for an 8" x 8" album I bought at the time but I have not had time to scrap them - until now.  I decided to do the layouts 12" x 12" as I could then use two photographs on one page.
I used Prima En Francais patterned papers, using 'Province' as the base as this was already patterned to look like several layers of different papers and the colours lend itself very nicely to the photographs.

I layered up using a Dovecraft Tea Party Doily, a piece cut from En Francais 'Billettes' and the 'when, where, who' card cut from the same patterned paper.  I added a quote using Safmat and some Prima En Francais Perle Bebe Flowers that have bases cut from Canvas Cloth.  I added some swirls using a template and Zig pen.

The title is made from using American Crafts DIY Thickers to which I added some micro beads (the photograph shows a different colour than in real life - must be the light reflecting on the beads!).  The remainder of the title - sled dog tour - is some Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type alphas in brown.

Do you have photographs of places you have visited and (as yet) have not had time to scrap them?  Let me know and I will enter your name into the draw for today.  Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. I like the idea of scrapbooking, but have never got around to having a go, I can imagine if I started I'd end up with a huge backlog of photo's waiting to be scrapped! Love this layout, lots of interesting features x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks April. You are right of course - once you start it is very addictive and you cannot stop scrapping! I love it though and unless my hands let me down I think I will be scrapping for many more years to come. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the LO Ann. I don't make scrapbooks of myself even though I have lots of pics. I'm busy making scrapbooks for my children and at the rate I'm going I'll probably be old and grey before I'm done, lol.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rosalee - thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I know the feeling as I have been scrapbooking for over 6 years and have no plans to stop yet. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning layout theres loads going on here , this is why i adore scrapbooking :-)

    ReplyDelete