Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Special Day

This is the second layout I have created this month using the DT kit.  The kit consisted of patterned papers from Glitz Design French Kiss range and used Personal Impressions Canvas Cloth as a technique.

The photograph was taken at a family wedding, to which my youngest daughter was bridesmaid.  It was a very windy day and we tried to take shelter where we could!

I used Bazzill Haley cardstock as the base (I gutted the centre of course, so I could use it on another layout), and I layered this up with a square of Vanilla Cream cardstock.  The Glitz Design Floral patterned paper (cut into a shape using a template) was layered up next and then the photograph added on a mat of Vanilla Cream cardstock.

The floral canvas cloth embellishment in the left hand side was a happy accident!  I meant to print off a freebie quote that I had received a while ago from Glitz Design , but I chose the wrong size to print and got a bigger version than expected. 
Not one to waste anything, I cut out the floral bit and reused the printed words (reverse side) as flowers cut on the Bigshot.


I added swirls using a template and ink pad and the title is made from inking some American Crafts DIY Thickers with the Cocoa Brown dye ink pad and adding the word 'special' in Prima Tiny alphabet stickers.  I will add journaling around the outside of the cardstock at a later date.

Jules will be showcasing her first layout using this DT kit tomorrow.  Leave a comment on today's post and I will enter your name into the blog candy draw.  Thanks for stopping by and good luck!

7 comments:

  1. hats off to ur imagination Ann.... in LO diff arrangement of embellishments, color combo really a great deal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Bhawana and leaving a comment. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout Ann, that swirl template is a favourite of mine and I love the way you have used it here. So sorry life has gotten in the way of me blogging the last few days , I will be working backwards through your posts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous LO Ann. Love the whole set-up. Especially the red around the edges. Just Beautiful.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jaqi and Rosalee for stopping by and leaving a comment. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ann I love this layout, the flowers are fab..... it's gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete