Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Believe in the Magic!

This layout was based on 'I Love London' layout in July 2012 edition of Scrap 365 (page 32).  Using the DT kit contents of patterned papers from Bazzill Vintage Marketplace I created my own version of this layout depicting a photograph taken at Sea World, Florida.

I used Bazzill Lime Crush as the base for the layout (I gutted out the centre to use for matting the photograph).  I cut the Sugar Cream cardstock to 11" x 11" and adhered this to the Lime Crush cardstock to make the base of the layout.

I layered up using the Green Gingham and Wallpaper patterned paper and used a Journal Card under the photograph (cut to fit both sides of the photo).  This will be used for journaling as well as adding to the overall layout.  A die-cut lace border was added using Green Gingham paper.  The banners were cut from left over pieces of patterned papers.  I added faux stitching and some gems to complete.

My version looks different from the original as I used different patterned papers and embellishments making the layout my own.  Using layouts from magazines as inspiration is a quick way to kick start your own designs - give it a go.

Thanks for stopping by.  Please leave a comment and I will enter your name into the draw (if you qualify).

2 comments:

  1. Lovely colours again! loving the banner and little rosette, so cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks April. I loved working with this kit as it is so summery - just like the weather eh! Ann x

    ReplyDelete