Monday, 9 July 2012

Family

This is the first of two layouts I have created using the DT kit for this month.  The kit contains double-sided patterned papers from Bazzill Vintage Marketplace called Wallpaper/Polka Dot Bedding and Quilted Chevron/Green Gingham.  The kit also includes Lickety Slip Journal Cards and Sticker pack from the same range.

I used Bazzill Frosted Teal cardstock as the base, layered up with Bazzill Sugar Cream.  I cut into the Quilted Chevron papers and layered them onto the cardstock base.  I used one of the Journal Cards as my title, a sticker for a sentiment under the rosette flower, to which I added a decorative pins.

The large butterfly shape was cut using a Sizzix die on one of the Journal Cards (Journal Cards are not just for journaling) to which I added some pink gems.  Faux stitching was added around the Sugar Cream cardstock to tie in with the quilted stitched effect of the patterned papers.  All in all, a quite easy layout using co-ordinating products.

Leave a comment today and I will enter your name into the blog candy draw.  Please see rules of entry.  Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Such pretty colours! and I love the chevron design. Nice idea to cut the butterfly from the journaling card, it works really well. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely Ann,..colours,layout beautiful design x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi April & Lynne - thank you for your comments. The papers are a lovely colour combination to work with - very Summery. Jules will be showcasing her layouts from Wednesday onwards. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout and such pretty colours, i also like the patchwork feel to it , its very pretty

    ReplyDelete