Thursday, 19 July 2012

(trainee) Dog Walker

This photograph was taken on Saturday (7th July) and I created the layout on Sunday (8th July) - I have never done this before!  It was such a big deal for Kate to take the dog for a walk.  She is desperate for a dog of her own but for several reasons it is just not feasible, so taking her auntie's dog out for a walk is the next best thing.
I used a layout from Issue 65 of the Scrapbook Magazine for inspiration (page 41) as I wanted to do a quick layout.  I used Glitz Design 'Pretty in Pink' patterned papers (Ledger (used reverse side) and Roses).  The base is Bazzill Kraft Cardstock and the banners are Prima Canvas Banners that come in a pack of 10 - so plenty for several layouts!

The title is a mixture of American Crafts Thickers Felt Letter Stickers (Playroom) and Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type Stickers.  The chipboard word 'Dog' is from a pack from Tando Creative, which I simply inked with brown ink.  All in all, an easy but effective layout which was lovely and quick to make.

Thanks for stopping by today.  If you leave a comment I will enter your name into the blog candy draw for your chance to win some lovely chipboard goodies.

4 comments:

  1. Awww I would love a dog too! But I'm just not at home enough :o( I love pink and brown together and this layout is great. Love the bunting and flower! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi April - thanks for your comment. Sometimes layouts just come together really quickly and this is one of them. It helped a lot by using a magazine sketch (but making it your own) by using different papers, embellishments etc. I just had to tell this story - one day she will get a dog of her own (hankies at the ready!). Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the layout you have done for this page - to me it is quite elegant

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Glennis for your comment. Ann x

    ReplyDelete