Tuesday, 7 August 2012

(3) Serious Faces

Using the DT Kit for this month, I created this second layout after being inspired by a layout in July's edition of Scrap365 called 'As Good as a Monday gets' (Designer: Sian Fair):


I used Bazzill Sugar Cream as the base and layered this up with the outside edge of Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe Butterfly Specifics as a frame.  I added a row of the butterflies to the top edge along with a lace border (made from Vintage Lace Die and Butterfly Specifics patterned paper (reverse side).

I made 3 banners and attached them to a length of ribbon (going behind the matted photograph).  The photo was matted onto Genuine Article patterned paper and I tucked an inked Dovecraft Paper Doily behind it before adhering to the layout.  I added some buttons and paper flower to the banners to give texture and extra colour. 

The butterfly was fussy cut from the Butterfly Specifics patterned paper and attached using double-sided tape to give dimension.  I created a rosette (using die) from the reverse of Genuine Article patterned paper and I added a button for the centre.  Ribbon, buttons and paper flower were all freebies from a craft magazine.

The title was made from My Mind's Eye Chipboard Alphas and Prima Tiny Alphas.  I added some rub-ons and journal strips to finish.

Jaqi's first layout will be posted here tomorrow, so look out for that!

3 comments:

  1. Another great layout! love the banner and the rosette and butterfly are just lovely! My Goodies arrived in the post, thank you so much, will let you know when I've had a chance to have a go with one of them :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks April - glad you got your prize ok. Have fun creating (especially the little handbag!). Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout Ann, the butterflys look great they are lovley papers to work with, these little banners look good on the layout :-)

    ReplyDelete