Monday, 6 August 2012

Summer Time Dreamin

The Design Team Kit this month is using Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe patterned papers (Butterfly Specifics and Genuine Article), Bazzill Cardstock in colours Blackbird, Sugar Cream and Lagoon.  The technique this month was using Tim Holtz Distress Marker Pen in Black Soot.  This is one of 2 layouts I have created this month using the kit contents:

I used Bazzill Cardstock in Lagoon as the base (gutted out the middle), then layered this with the Blackbird Cardstock (gutted out the middle) and then finally the Sugar Cream Cardstock.  Before putting this all together, I used the Distress Marker Pen and a Crafter's Workshop Template (Mariposas) on the Sugar Cream Cardstock to create the background.

I added brads and spacers to the butterflies to give extra texture and colour to the layout.  I used a Dovecraft paper Doily (which I inked with Black Soot Ink Pad) behind the photograph.  I added some lace edging around two sides of the photograph and as a banner in the top right hand corner (used Vintage Lace Die and reverse of Genuine Article patterned paper).  I added a couple of paper flowers and a brad and spacer for the centre.  The title is made from My Mind's Eye chipboard Alphas and Prima Tiny Alphabet Stickers.

I will post the other layout tomorrow and Design Team Member Jaqi will be showcasing her 2 layouts later in the week.

2 comments:

  1. oooh I like the idea of inking up those doilies! I hadn't thought of that! great layout, the black butterflies and dragonflies look realy crisp against the cream cardstock! Great layout x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks April. It started off as a test page to see what the marker pens were capable of and then I just decided to use it as a background for my layout. The doilies are really easy to ink - I have another one on my layout tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by. Ann x

    ReplyDelete