Friday, 14 September 2012

'50s Babes

The title of this layout refers to the decade in which the young girls in the photograph were born, rather than what 'babes' may mean now!


As soon as I saw the Glitz Design Cashmere Dame range I knew what photograph I would use as it definitely has a '50s vibe to it.  Using Cashmere Dame 'Gingham' as the base I layered up using Cashmere Dame 'Cherries' (used both sides) and then added a piece of Cashmere Dame 'Chevron' (reverse side is a blue stripe).

The photograph was matted on a piece of Bazzill Believe 'Chimney Dust' as the black/white gingham co-ordinated well with this range and gave a bit of contrast.  I made three banner shapes using the Cashmere Dame patterned papers as well as making two pinwheels using a template I have had for a number of years (bought from Lakeland when they sold crafts).  I added a large brad into the centre of each one and used some Christmas (red and white striped) twine to connect the two pinwheels by threading through the red paper at one side.

I enjoyed creating this layout as the papers are fun and quirky but they work for the photograph.  I think this paper range would work well with more modern photographs as well - watch this blog for that one!

If you leave a comment today (see rules) I will enter your name into the draw for your chance to win 'Five Fab' products.  Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. guess I must be part of this as I was born in the 50's. Oh happy days love the idea Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute LO. love the sweet little pin wheels. such a wonderful idea.
    Hugs Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Rosalee and leaving a lovely comment. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout , really like the pinwheel, im a huge fan of gingham papers and this one is fab :-)

    ReplyDelete