Friday, 21 September 2012

Caution! (Man at) Work

When I first saw the new Prima Craftsman range I knew that I wanted to use these patterned papers for a male layout as the designs are just perfect for that.  I knew that somewhere I would find the right photograph - and after going through the mountain of photographs I have I found the perfect ones!


I wanted to keep the layout fairly simple as I didn't want to distract from the photographs.  I used a grey card for the base and layered this up with a square of Prima Craftsman 'Draftsman' (used the reverse side).  I then used the reverse side of 'Gear Up' for layering on top of this patterned paper.

I used a Tim Holtz Sanding Grip to distress the edges of all the patterned papers before inking the edges.  I inked up a Tando Creative chipboard cog (Heart Cog Mix) and added some metal coloured brads as embellishments.  The title is made from MME Lush chipboard alphabet stickers and Prima Tiny Alphabet Stickers.

Do you find it difficult making cards, layouts or craft projects for men?  Leave a comment on this post and if you qualify, I will enter your name into the blog candy draw.  Thanks for stopping by and good luck.

4 comments:

  1. Love this layout the papers are fab, I like to see mens layouts and cards etc as theres always so many projects with flowers on etc mens projects can sometimes be few and far between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jaqi. I agree I think most crafters struggle when creating cards and layouts for men that's why I think this paper range is great. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so hard to make cards and LO's for men. I have lots of papers but when it comes to embellishments and such...nothing. Making a feminine card is so much easier cause one can add as much sparkel and glimmer as they want. But boy oh boy is it tough to make a boys/mens card.
    Love how your LO turned out Ann. The vintage look seems to add more of a masculine touch. Love the sentiment too.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rosalee. I come across this all the time - everyone seems to find it difficult with male projects. I agree that there isn't many embellishments or other items to add when making layouts/cards for boys/men. That's why I turn to chipboard and try and make my own embellishments. Ann x

    ReplyDelete