Wednesday, 5 September 2012

LOVE those Eyes

This month's Design Team Kit contains the lovely Fancy Pants Country Boutique patterned papers called Poppy and Country Bracket, along with Country Boutique Banner Cuts and Kraft Corrugate Sheet, also from the same range.


For this first layout I used the Country Boutique Country Bracket patterned paper (cut a little from two sides of the paper) and layered this onto Bazzill Blackbird cardstock (gutted the centre out first).  I matted the photo onto some of the (gutted) Blackbird cardstock and added a selection of banner cuts from the die-cut sheet (layered slightly) under the photograph.  I adhered the photograph to the layout using double sided tape to raise it slightly.

I added another three banner cuts to add to the top right hand side of the layout.  I punched three hearts from the Kraft Corrugate Sheet adhered them to the layout and then used string to tie them to the page.

All that was left to do was add some black gems to the printed flower centres and add the title using a combination of American Craft DIY Thickers (inked black) and Prima Tiny Alphabet Stickers.  A fairly easy layout to create but very effective with lots of details.

Leave a comment on this post today (and if you qualify - see rules) I will enter your name into the blog candy draw for the chance to win those 'Fab Five' goodies.  Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

  1. Morning Ann, Love this layout, it's gorgeous.... The papers are fab, Love fow you've added the hearts, it's stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout, I haven't done any scrapbooking for a long time. Seeing your layout has given me the urge to dig all my papers out, hehe! I desperately need to sort out my craft space first! Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear I have inspired you to start scrapbooking again. Thanks for stopping by. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann certainly looking forward to the club next week after seeing the papers used on your layout.
    another execellent creation from you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Janice - there is another layout tomorrow! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great LO Ann. Love that picture... perfect for scrapbooking.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rosalee - I love this photo of my Niece when she was a little girl. Thanks for your lovely comment and for stopping by. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely layout, love the colours of these papers and i agree its a really nice picture. My favourite bit is the hearts tied with the twine its fab

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely layout Ann, I'm loving the hearts too - that corrugated kraft is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Jaqi and Jules. I loved the papers in the kit this month and agree the corrugated kraft card is fab! Ann x

    ReplyDelete