Thursday, 20 September 2012

My latest little Tando Handbag!

As it is showtime again (Ross Papercraft Show) on Sunday I had an excuse (do I really need one?) to make another little Tando Creative chipboard handbag using some of the lovely new Glitz Design Cashmere Dame patterned papers.



For this little beauty I used Cashmere Dame 'Gingham' for the main part of the handbag.  For the black handles I just inked the chipboard using an ink pad - it is so easy to cover!  The little cherry banners were cut from the 'Gingham' patterned paper and added as an embellishment.  I made a pinwheel out of some left over Cashmere Dame 'Cherries' patterned paper I had from a layout I made previously.  The pinwheel centre is handmade from a large silver coloured brad that I covered with some of the 'Gingham' patterned paper then added some Glossy Accents.  I added some little black bows to the handles to finish.

I always enjoy making these little handbags and I usually have homes lined up for them after the shows are over.  You could call these handbags my craft 'guilty pleasure' as I love making them!  Do you have a 'craft guilty pleasure' - something you enjoy making, over and over?  Leave a comment to let me know and I will enter your name into the blog candy draw.  Rules apply.  Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. This one is so pretty, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your bag is gorgeous Ann.... my crafty pleasure at the mo. is Tags, and Dominoes lol.... love doing them xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty, i like the idea of covering the brad with the paper , how did you finish off the edges? its very effective

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Shelagha and Jaqi.

    Jaqi - To make the brad covered in paper: cut the patterned paper slightly bigger than the brad and cover the brad (and a small amount on the patterned paper) with Glossy Accents. Stick the paper (flat at this point) onto the brad. Leave it for a few minutes and the paper will go supple. Just tuck the paper around the brad and the rough edges will be hidden behind the brad when you attach it to the centre of the pinwheel. I added some Glossy Accents to the paper covered brad once in situ. Hopes this answers your question? Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bag. Love the little pin wheel. Adds a sweet touch.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete