Thursday, 13 September 2012

Remember the She Ra Castle?

This photograph was taken when my youngest daughter was 7 years old.  There is a story around this photograph, which I have added on the journal card (tucked under the photo).

 
 I used Bazzill Kraft cardstock as the base and layered this up with Bazzill  Ruby Slipper cardstock, using Bazzill Believe patterned papers called 'Kraft Wrap' (reverse side of Believe) and 'Countdown to Christmas' as the patterned papers.  The tag shapes at the top right hand side were made using Believe 'Burlap Ticking' patterned paper.
 
The Christmas Tree embellishment I made by using a Bazzill Chipboard Tag and covering it with Bazzill Believe 'Christmas Dress' patterned paper.  I added a little bow and some pearls to the tree before adding a selection of buttons from the Dovecraft 'Back to Basics Christmas - Vintage'.  The title is made from small letters from the Prima Tiny Alphabet Sticker sheet that I have used on loads of layouts.


This is what the story behind the photograph is about.

If you leave a comment on this post (today only) and you are a follower of this blog, I will enter your name into the blog candy draw.  Thanks for stopping by and good luck!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely layout,if only we had become hoarders Ann,we would be rich! Grahams mam has a loft full of toys from all 3 children I think she should go on the tv programme cash in the attic! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynne - thanks for your comment. I couldn't believe it when I saw how much they were asking and I gave it away! Only hope the charity got a decent price for it. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layout Ann, as always another Fab design.. I had to laugh when I saw this, My cousins little boy can't say my name, so he calls me.. Aunty Shera lol.... always brings back memories
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shelagh - see you are a Super Hero! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have the HE Man ring tne set on my phone for when my son rings me, he man and she ra ......i can still here them all now , kept my kids quiet for hours , we had castle greyskull and snake mountain they brought hours of entertainment

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet they are worth something now too! I bet you got your money's worth out of them though. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. briiliant Ann this layout will always be a great topic of conversation when its looked at now and in the future xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jan - thanks for stopping by. I am sure you are right as it has brought back many memories already! Ann x

    ReplyDelete