Friday, 7 September 2012

Sweet Girl of Mine

I used this month's Design Team Kit of Fancy Pants Country bracket patterned papers, Die-Cut Banners and Corrugate card along with another sheet of patterned paper from the same range called 'Loved' to create this layout.


Using Bazzill Blackbird cardstock as the base I layered this up with Bazzill Avalanche cardstock and then the 'Loved' paper (I used the reverse side) and added some faux stitching around the edge of the patterned paper.  Using the (gutted piece) of Poppy patterned paper, I used a template to create the scalloped edge to the right hand side of the paper.  The photograph was matted onto this patterned paper (to the left hand side) and the title was added using Prima Tiny Alphabet Stickers (partially on the photograph).

I added a Banner Die-cut to the top right hand side of the layout (added some faux stitching) and adhered using some double-sided foam tape.  The black swirls and butterfly are 'Feltables' embellishments to which I added some paper flowers and gem centres from my own stash.

I created the heart shape by drawing around a chipboard heart using the Kraft cardstock and painting it white as in my previous layout.  The name was added using MME Chipboard Alphabet Stickers and the heart 'tied' to the layout using some white fibres from my stash.

If you leave a comment on this post today (and you qualify - see rules) I will enter your name into the blog candy draw.  Thank you for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. Another lovely layout,loving the painted heart idea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynne. You could do the painted heart with any corrugated card as it gets covered with paint anyhow. Thanks for stopping by. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout Ann, Love all the embelies, and I'm quite getting into the corrigated card, I might cut something out lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shelagh - glad I have inspired you - give it a go! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this layout, the black is such a contrast and adds real interest. Lovely detailing too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi April - thanks for your lovely comment. Thanks for stopping by. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful. Love the butterfly on top. TFS. Hope you have a wonderful weekend Ann
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Rosalee - the butterfly is from the 'feltables' range and I just added some bling! Ann x

    ReplyDelete