Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Sweet Heart

As part of the Diploma in Professional Crafting that I am doing at the moment, I had to think of a way of using a craft product in a different way and then use it to create something with that idea. 

 
I decided to use Nitwits Collections Essentials 'Butterfly Kisses Toppers and Decoupage sheets instead of using patterned papers for my layout.
 
I used Bazzill Avalanche cardstock for the base and layered this up using Bazzill Dotted Swiss Scalloped cardstock in 'Ballet', which co-ordinates with the Butterfly Kisses range of Toppers and Decoupage sheets.  I added extra holes in each scallop to show the white cardstock underneath and some tiny little hearts punched from a small punch I had in my stash.
 
I layered up the Butterfly Kisses Decoupage pieces to make the 'Sweet Heart' title and used the decorative floral strip from the Butterfly kisses Toppers sheet along the bottom edge of the photograph to 'frame' the image.  As the Toppers and Decoupage sheets were already glittered there was no need to add any other embellishments.
 
A simple layout but I love the finished effect - what do you think?  Have you ever used card toppers or decoupage sheets for your layouts?  Leave a comment to let me know.  If you qualify I will enter your name into the blog candy draw for your chance to win the 'Fab Five' products up for grabs.  Best of luck everyone.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout Ann, as always.. I've just started using decoupage on my layouts, I've used a few card toppers, which I have made myself, I'm looking outside the box at a lot of things..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shelagh - good on you. Waste not want not so they say! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. very unusual idea Ann looks super .
    I dont think I have tried this in my layouts but its food for thought thanks Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Janice. Pop by tomorrow as I am showcasing the layouts from the monthly kit starting then. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome LO. Love all the details.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely layout, very sweet . Ive used alsorts on my layouts its a way of using up whatever is needed to help to capture the feel of whats in the photograph.

    ReplyDelete