Thursday, 6 September 2012

Two Hearts

This is the second layout using this month's Design Team Kit of Fancy Pants Country Boutique patterned papers Poppy and Country Bracket, along with Country Boutique Banner die-cuts and Kraft Corrugate Sheet.


For this layout I used Bazzill Blackbird cardstock for the base and layered this up with the Poppy patterned paper (gutted out the centre to use on another layout).  Using a Crafter's Workshop Template and Bazzill cardstock in Fig Swirl, I drew around and cut out the shape and then inked the edging pattern onto the cut-out shape before adhering it to the layered cardstock and patterned paper.

The photograph was matted onto some Bazzill Blackbird cardstock and some of the small Banner Die-cuts added underneath before adhering to the page.  I used some of the Banner Die-cuts at the bottom edge of the photograph to make a banner to which I added some Ivory Pearl Hearts.

I punched two hearts from the corrugate sheet and (using the Die-cut sheet as a template) made a banner shape from the corrugate sheet also.  I gave these a white-washed effect finish by using some white acrylic paint to which I added some water.  Once dry I adhered the two hearts to the layout and tied them together with some white fibres from my stash.  I added part of the title to the white banner using letters from Prima Tiny Alphabet Sticker sheet.  The other letters in the title are made from MME Chipboard Alphabet Stickers.

If you leave a comment on this post (today only) I will enter your name into the blog candy draw (see rules to qualify).  Best of luck!

13 comments:

  1. Awwww, I love your pic Ann, love your layout, the banner looks great, I like the corrigated hearts, just love everything lol... as always a fab design xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great layout - the papers and bellies you have used go so well together

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Shelagh and Glennis for your lovely comments. Thanks for stopping by. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lynne - only seems like yesterday (what a fibber!). Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Youve never changed Ann, like the idea of whitewashing the hearts and them being tied together its a lovely touch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jaqi if only that was true! Thanks for stopping by. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful and such a wonderful pic to work with. Love the little banner and the heart pearl. Adds a sweet touch.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another lovely layout Ann, and a fabulous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Jules - I definitely don't look like that anymore! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning couple enhanced by gorgeous papers on a fab layout that makes the pic more stunning oh happy memories Ann xx

    ReplyDelete